Tuesday 1 April 2014

Alyssa's Famous Comment

Alyssa from our class was extremely. extremely pleased to receive this comment from Andy Griffiths, a popular children's Author based in Australia.  Its fair to say its our most famous comment, ever.



I was excited to read the comment above this morning, I couldn't wait to show Ms Kinaston who is my support teacher and also the school librarian. We looked on his website through the library blog link. I have read The 26-storeyTreehouse and The Very Bad Book. He is a very popular author at our school. I have learned from his website that he wrote his first book in year 8 and it was called 'lost in time', he was also in a punk rock band when he left high school. Andy has advice for young writers "Practice as much as you can. It's been calculated that to become really skilled at an activity you have to practice for around 10,000 hours, so the sooner you get started the better. And read as much as you can!"

No comments:

Post a Comment